Iowa Author Honoree John Sandford
The New York Times best-selling author of 52 books and a Pulitzer Prize winner for journalism is the 2019 Iowa Author Award winner and keynote speaker on Oct. 1, 2019.
The first 350 people to register for the dinner will receive Sandford's October 1, 2019, release of Bloody Genius, about a college culture war turned deadly thriller.
About John Sandford
- John Sandford was born John Roswell Camp in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He graduated from Washington High School.
- He is a graduate of the University of Iowa with a BA in American Studies and MA in journalism.
- He served two years in the U.S. Army in Korea with the 4th U.S. Army Missile Command as Army Reporter.
- He took writing courses at the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa.
- He wrote articles for The Daily Iowan.
- He won the Pulitzer Prize in 1986 for a series of stories on the Midwest farm crisis.
- He was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 1980 for a series of stories on Native American culture.
About the Iowa Author Awards Dinner
- Tickets: $200 includes dinner and program
- Sponsorships available
- Live and silent auction
- Proceeds help support the library's many programs, services, and technology upgrades
Contact the DMPL Foundation at 515-412-0180 or email@example.com for more information.