Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Fall into Reading Festival | October 25th, 3:30pm
- Family Storytime | October 25th, 6:30pm
- Mother Goose on the Loose | October 26th, 9:15am
- Baby Rhyme Time | October 26th, 10:15am
- Early Out @ Central: "Who Was?" Trivia | October 26th, 2:00pm
- Teens 'N Tweens: Halloween Sundaes | October 26th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | October 26th, 6:00pm
- Iowa Ghosts and the Afterlife | October 26th, 6:30pm
- Preschool Storytime | October 27th, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | October 28th, 10:00am