Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Toddler Storytime | May 27th, 10:15am
- Central Teen Summer Reading Volunteer Orientation | May 31st, 3:30pm
- Sporty Readers | May 31st, 4:15pm
- Family Storytime | May 31st, 6:30pm
- Central Teen Summer Reading Volunteer Orientation | May 31st, 7:00pm
- Mother Goose on the Loose | June 1st, 9:15am
- Baby Rhyme Time | June 1st, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | June 1st, 6:00pm
- Central Library Art Gallery Grand Opening | June 1st, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime: Read, Wiggle and Move! (Groups/Daycares) | June 2nd, 9:15am