Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Teen D.I.Y.: Decoupage Jars CANCELLED : | May 6th, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Build-It Fun | May 6th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | May 6th, 6:00pm
- Preservation 101 | May 7th, 11:30am
- Computer Basics for Job Searchers | May 11th, 9:30am
- Writers' Workshop | May 11th, 5:00pm
- Urban Landscaping with Iowa Native Plants | May 11th, 6:30pm
- Computer Basics for Job Searchers | May 12th, 9:30am
- Super Crafty Readers | May 12th, 4:15pm
- Computer Basics for Job Searchers | May 13th, 9:30am