Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Toddler Storytime with Special Guest | August 22nd, 10:15am
- Enjoy World-Class Photos by George Lepp | August 26th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time With Special Guest | August 27th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | August 27th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | August 28th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | August 29th, 10:15am
- Central Crafty Readers | September 2nd, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | September 3rd, 10:15am
- Teen 101: Get To Know Your Library! | September 3rd, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Build-It Fun | September 3rd, 2:00pm