1000 Grand Avenue, 50309
Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Baby Rhyme Time | August 24th, 10:15am
- Cancelled - Savory Afternoons with the Des Moines Social Club | August 24th, 11:30am
- Ask-a-Pro Job Assistance | August 24th, 2:00pm
- Cancelled - Job Search Success | August 24th, 3:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | August 24th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | August 25th, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | August 26th, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | August 26th, 10:15am
- Play, Grow, Learn | August 29th, 9:30am
- Martha Speaks Read Aloud Family Night | August 29th, 6:15pm