Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Central Crafty Readers | September 2nd, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | September 3rd, 10:15am
- Teen 101: Get To Know Your Library! | September 3rd, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Build-It Fun | September 3rd, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | September 3rd, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | September 4th, 10:15am
- Beginner Genealogy | September 4th, 12:00pm
- Toddler Storytime | September 5th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | September 7th, 1:00pm
- Iowa International Center | September 9th, 12:00pm