Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Central Crafty Readers | March 11th, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | March 12th, 10:15am
- Let's Go Flying! | March 12th, 3:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | March 12th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | March 13th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | March 14th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | March 16th, 1:00pm
- St. Patrick's Day Make-It and Take-It Craft | March 17th, 1:00pm
- Kick Up Your Heels on St Patrick's Day | March 17th, 1:30pm
- Race Day At the Library! | March 18th, 1:00pm