Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Baby Rhyme Time | April 1st, 10:15am
- Early Out @ Central: April Fool's Day Craft | April 1st, 2:00pm
- Central VolunTeens | April 1st, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | April 1st, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | April 2nd, 10:15am
- Growing Vegetables | April 2nd, 11:30am
- Toddler Storytime | April 3rd, 10:15am
- Computer Basics for Job Searchers | April 6th, 9:00am
- Foundation Center-Proposal Writing Basics | April 6th, 9:00am
- Foundation Center-Introduction to Fundraising Planning | April 6th, 10:30am