Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Sunday Bridge Club | October 26th, 1:00pm
- Sunday Funday: Pumpkin Wreath | October 26th, 1:00pm
- Fall Into Reading Festival | October 27th, 3:30pm
- Central Crafty Readers | October 28th, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | October 29th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | October 29th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | October 30th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | October 31st, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | November 2nd, 1:00pm
- Wonder of Words Lunch Outside the Box: Christine McMahon Sutton | November 3rd, 12:00pm