Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Sunday Bridge Club | March 1st, 1:00pm
- Writers' Workshop | March 2nd, 5:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | March 3rd, 4:15pm
- Furry Tales | March 3rd, 6:00pm
- Plan DSM: Creating Our Tomorrow | March 3rd, 6:00pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | March 4th, 10:15am
- Iowa International Center | March 4th, 12:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Build-It Fun | March 4th, 2:00pm
- Central VolunTeens | March 4th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | March 4th, 6:00pm