Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Carver Elementary School Visit | October 20th, 1:00pm
- How-to Tuesday: Free Advice for Your Device | October 21st, 12:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | October 21st, 4:15pm
- How-To Tuesday for Families: Scavenger Hunt | October 21st, 5:00pm
- How-To Tuesday: Yoga Basics | October 21st, 6:30pm
- How-To Tuesday: Brew Your Own Beer | October 21st, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | October 22nd, 10:15am
- Early Out @ Central: Make and Take Craft | October 22nd, 2:00pm
- Teen D.I.Y.: Zombie Makeover! | October 22nd, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | October 22nd, 6:00pm