Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Toddler Storytime | December 19th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | December 21st, 1:00pm
- Sunday Bridge Club | December 28th, 1:00pm
- Sunday Bridge Club | January 4th, 1:00pm
- Writers' Workshop | January 5th, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center | January 6th, 12:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | January 6th, 4:15pm
- Free Advice for Your Device | January 6th, 6:00pm
- Furry Tales | January 6th, 6:00pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | January 7th, 10:15am