The Des Moines Public Library expects that participants will treat each other with respect.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, defamatory, sexual, threatening or harassing language is prohibited. The Des Moines Public Library web presences are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Users are prohibited from posting any copyrighted content without the copyright holder’s express permission or material protected by other intellectual property laws.
- The library’s sites are not intended to be traditional public forums for the general exchange of ideas and viewpoints, but instead a limited forum for conveying information about library programs, events, materials and items of related interest.
The Des Moines Public Library web presence is produced and maintained by the Des Moines Public Library. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
The Des Moines Public Library
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Does not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Does not endorse or support opinions or views expressed by users of the Des Moines Public Library pages.
- Does not collect any information about a child under the age of 13 and will delete any information that may have been inadvertently collected upon becoming aware of such information.
- The Iowa Open Records Act applies to records of the Library. Content on this site which is kept as a record of the Library is subject to the same state codes as apply to the remainder of the Library’s records.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to report the posting of materials infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, identifying information about children, or other illegal materials or content.
User Generated Content (UGC):
Users of the Des Moines Public Library pages are fully responsible for the content they load to the Des Moines Public Library pages. The user is responsible for all copyright and intellectual property laws associated with this content. Contact email@example.com to request removal of infringing materials.