In Conversation with Nick Nolte
The Des Moines Public Library Foundation & Honorary Chairs Kay and Bob Riley invite you to join us for a benefit for the Library Foundation
Cory McAnelly on the Nick Nolte fundraiser
Friday, October 5
Hilton Des Moines Downtown
435 Park Street, 50309
5:30 to 9:00 PM
About Nick Nolte: An actor, producer, author, and former model, Nick Nolte grew up in Ames and Waterloo. His recent book, Rebel – My Life Outside the Lines, includes photos and comments of his early Iowa years. Nolte speaks of his love of nature connecting to his childhood – playing on Iowa rivers. From his book, you discover Nolte is a gardener and an avid reader.
Reflecting on his career, Nick Nolte wrote: “…the story must be worth telling. If you’re going to be an actor, then you must be into literature, historical events, and life stories.”
The winner of a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor and a three-time Academy Award nominee, Nolte has been in nearly 80 movies and in several TV series. He starred in A Walk in the Woods, based on Bill Bryson’s (2014 Iowa Author) novel of the same name. Nolte’s other films include Prince of Tides, Warrior, North Dallas Forty, 48 Hours, Mulholland Falls, Cape Fear, and Jefferson in Paris. He was recently in the TV series Graves and Luck.
Nolte will be “in conversation” about his book and life with Courtney Crowder, the new Iowa Columnist for The Des Moines Register. After the program, Nolte will take questions from the audience and sign copies of his book.
Tickets: Individual tickets are $200 ($120 tax deductible). Sponsorships are available. The first 400 people to register will receive a copy of Rebel – My Life Outside the Lines. Mr. Nolte will sign books during the reception 6:00 to 6:30 PM and after the dinner and program. Support a great cause and enjoy an evening out.
- This will be a fun event – bid on unique auction packages based on Nolte’s movies. Play “Between the Covers” (book covers) for cash prizes.
- Nolte movie themed auction baskets will be auctioned at the event.
- Live Auction Items include many vacation destination packages.
- Examples of Other Silent Auction Items include:
- Police Package: complete with a ride along option, K-9 visit, and swag.
- Escape Room for 8: Not an everyday experience, your group has to solve clues and mysteries to escape the unique story-lined room. It’s sure to get your adrenaline pumping!
- Zentangle Class and framed art.
- And much, much more!
Contact: For tickets and information, contact Dory Briles at 515-248-6402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love our 2018 Iowa Author's Dinner Sponsors!Publisher's Prize Sponsor Heritage Sponsors
- Pamela Bass-Bookey and Harry Bookey
- Debbie and Mike Hubbell
- Rusty Hubbell
- Meredith Corporation
- John and Mary Pappajohn
- Kay and Bob Riley
- Chuck Rohm
- Karen Shaff and Steven Jayne
- Walt Smith Family Foundation
- Dory Briles and Dawn Taylor
- Davis Brown Law Firm
- Ann Flood
- Gartner Family Foundation
- Tim Hickman and Frank Vaia
- Trudy Holman Hurd
- Mary K. and Daniel M. Kelly Family Foundation
- Mars Café: Susan Skinner and Mark Movic
- Helen Redmond
- Rachel Stauffer and Jim Lawson
- Martha and Steve Stephenson
- Substance Architecture
- Waldinger Corporation
- Deborah and Douglas West
- Allison and Jim Fleming
- Louise and John Grzbowski
- Knapp Properties
- Des Moines Radio Group
- Hilton Des Moines Downtown
- Josephs Jewelers
- Koch Brothers
- Lamar Advertising
- Plaza Florist & Gifts