Submission Requirements and Procedures
The Art Gallery at the Des Moines Public Library offers an accessible and welcoming environment for encouraging and celebrating Iowa artists. The gallery is located on the second floor of the Central Library and features eight double-sided movable walls with over fifty square feet of usable display space per side.Requirements:
- Artist(s) must be a resident of Iowa
- Artist(s) must be at least 18 years old
- Artist(s) organizations must be based in Iowa
- Artwork must be 2-dimensional
Artist(s) must submit the following materials in order to be considered for an exhibition:
- Completed Art Exhibition Application Form - Available online at here or at any DMPL service desk.
- Images of Artwork - All work submitted must be available for exhibition. Library will not review portfolios of artwork not intended for exhibition.
- Artwork submitted must be original
- Images submitted must be digital files of good quality
- Each image must include the name of the artist, title, medium and framed dimensions
- Resume or CV
- Artist’s Statement or Exhibition Statement (not required but helpful)
- SASE (Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope) for return of any physical materials. Affix sufficient postage for return. Library will not assume extra postage costs.
Artwork will be reviewed by the library art committee and the artist(s) will be contacted after decisions have been made.
Submission materials may be emailed or mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org / subject line: Art Submission
Des Moines Public Library Attn: Burke Shiffler 1000 Grand Avenue Des Moines, IA 50309
Or dropped off to:
Central Library / 2nd Floor Information Desk 1000 Grand Avenue Des Moines, IA 50309
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com or 515.283.4152 (ask for Burke Shiffler).