Note: Beginning Monday, September 28, public computers will be available only through walk-in usage. No further appointments will be taken. Beginning Tuesday, October 13, public computers will be available at the East Side, Forest Avenue, North Side, and South Side Libraries as well.
Computers Available by Appointment Only
Beginning on Monday, June 22, public internet computers and printing services will be available for limited use by appointment at Central Library only. You can now reserve an appointment during these times:
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
How it works:
- Appointments for essential computer use may be made by calling (515) 283-4152, or by scheduling online.
- A guest with a reservation may not bring any other guests with him or her into the library.
- Each computer session is limited to 45 minutes. Each computer station will be cleaned by staff before the next use.
- Regular printing charges apply.
- Individuals who arrive late to their designated reservation time may lose their session.
- In order to maintain social distancing recommendations, only 12 computers will be available for public use.
- Masks are REQUIRED at all times while you are in the library building. Any visitor who feels unwell or is experiencing active flu/viral symptoms may not enter the library.
- The rest of the library will be closed to visitors during this time – visitors are limited to computer use ONLY.
- Staff will not be able to provide personal assistance on the computers.
When you arrive:
- Central Library parking garage is closed. Metered parking is available on Grand Avenue and Locust Street.
- Arrive at the Grand Avenue entrance on the north side of the building five minutes before your appointment time and a staff member will let you in and direct you to a computer.
- Face masks must be worn at all times in the library.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer and follow all social distancing guidelines.
- Upon entry, follow a library staff member to your assigned computer, keeping at least a 6-foot distance.