Program Type:Book Clubs
What do the terms romance, mystery, fiction, sci-fi bring to mind? Have you ever wondered if there is more to these terms than what meets the eye? Are you looking to expand your reading horizons?
Join us for the first meeting of the DMPL Virtual Genre Voyager Book Club! At this meeting, we will chat about all things book related, what you’ve been reading during the pandemic, how your reading habits might have change, recommendations, and get to know one another. In addition, we will also discuss the format of the Genre Voyager Book Club and announce the selection for our first book, which we will discuss August 5. Every season, roughly every 3 months, we move on to explore the ins and outs of a new genre. For the Fall (August, September, October), we will be exploring mystery and all of its puzzling aspects.
If you are new to Zoom, click here for basic instruction and tips.
For more in-depth instruction, click here for Zoom support. Feel free to join the meeting early (it will open at 6:15) if you want to test out Zoom and get comfortable before the program starts.
Guidelines for DMPL Virtual Programs
- All lines will be muted upon entry to the meeting. This makes it easier for everyone to hear.
- Please double check to make sure your video/audio is working before the meeting.
- Raise your hand or request in the chat if you would like to be called on.
- One person per video/microphone.
- Keep yourself muted until you speak. The host may mute you if this guideline is not followed.
- Be mindful of your video and what can be seen in your background.
- Do not post links in the chat.
- Participants are expected to follow the guidelines for virtual programs. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior may result in removal from the program.
- The meeting will be closed 5 minutes after the end of the program.