1000 Grand Avenue, 50309
Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Lego Friday | July 1st, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | July 1st, 10:15am
- Toddler Art Outside: Cars | July 1st, 11:00am
- Teen Cooking Hour: Chocolate Molds | July 5th, 2:00pm
- Family Storytime | July 5th, 6:30pm
- Mother Goose on the Loose | July 6th, 9:15am
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 6th, 10:15am
- Science and Art Extremes: Scrabble Photo Frames | July 6th, 1:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | July 6th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime: Read, Wiggle and Move! (Groups/Daycares) | July 7th, 9:15am