Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- History and Mystery of Tarot | May 3rd, 12:00pm
- Central VolunTeens | May 4th, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Clay Creations | May 4th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | May 4th, 6:00pm
- Celebrations in the City-150 years | May 5th, 12:00pm
- LEGO Friday | May 6th, 10:00am
- Letters About Literature Celebration | May 6th, 1:00pm
- Play, Grow, Learn! | May 9th, 9:30am
- Computer Class for Job Searchers | May 9th, 9:30am
- Maker Monday: Mosaic Rainbow Picture | May 9th, 10:00am