Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Toddler Storytime | October 31st, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | November 2nd, 1:00pm
- Wonder of Words Lunch Outside the Box: Christine McMahon Sutton | November 3rd, 12:00pm
- Writers' Workshop and Wonder of Words: The Journey from Finance to Fiction | November 3rd, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center | November 4th, 12:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | November 4th, 4:15pm
- Wonder of Words: Author John Shors | November 4th, 7:00pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | November 5th, 10:15am
- Wonder of Words Lunch Outside the Box: Ann Crowley | November 5th, 12:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Build-It Fun | November 5th, 2:00pm