Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Preschool Storytime | October 2nd, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | October 3rd, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | October 5th, 1:00pm
- Writers' Workshop: Heart and Soul: The Poetry and Prose of Victoria Smith | October 6th, 5:00pm
- How-to Tuesday: Introduction to the Foundation Directory Online | October 7th, 12:00pm
- Iowa International Center | October 7th, 12:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | October 7th, 4:15pm
- How-To Tuesday for Families: E-Reading for Families | October 7th, 6:00pm
- How-To Tuesday: Cupcake Decorating | October 7th, 6:30pm
- How-To Tuesday: Benefits of Fermented Foods | October 7th, 6:30pm