Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Sunday Bridge Club | April 19th, 1:00pm
- AViD Author Visit: Robin Oliviera | April 20th, 7:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | April 21st, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | April 22nd, 10:15am
- Money Smart Week: Your Money Your Future-Making Ends Meet | April 22nd, 11:30am
- Teens N' Tweens: Styrofoam Printmaking | April 22nd, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Art Cart | April 22nd, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | April 22nd, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | April 23rd, 10:15am
- Money Smart Week: Cheap Eats with Your Slow Cooker | April 23rd, 11:30am