Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Central Crafty Readers | January 27th, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | January 28th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | January 28th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | January 29th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | January 30th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | February 1st, 1:00pm
- Writers' Workshop | February 2nd, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center | February 3rd, 12:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | February 3rd, 4:15pm
- Clifford Visits the Library! | February 3rd, 6:30pm