Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- LEGO Fridays | October 28th, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | October 28th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | October 30th, 1:00pm
- Super Fun Sunday: Spooky Crafts | October 30th, 1:00pm
- Play, Grow, Learn! | October 31st, 9:30am
- Central Crafty Readers | October 31st, 3:30pm
- Color Me Read | October 31st, 5:30pm
- Furry Tales | November 1st, 5:30pm
- Family Storytime | November 1st, 6:30pm
- Mother Goose on the Loose | November 2nd, 9:15am