Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Along the Edges, a Book Spine Poetry Contest | April 22nd (All day)
- Central Crafty Readers | April 22nd, 4:15pm
- Cancelled: Iowans in the Civil War | April 22nd, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | April 23rd, 10:15am
- Teens N' Tweens: Make Your Own Herb Garden | April 23rd, 2:15pm
- Evening Bridge Club | April 23rd, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | April 24th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | April 25th, 10:15am
- Letters About Literature Celebration | April 25th, 1:00pm
- Sunday Funday: Spring Robin Craft | April 27th, 1:00pm