Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Sunday Bridge Club | September 21st, 1:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | September 23rd, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | September 24th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | September 24th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | September 25th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | September 26th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | September 28th, 1:00pm
- Sunday Funday: Apple Coffee Filter Art | September 28th, 1:00pm
- Central Crafty Readers | September 30th, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | October 1st, 10:15am