Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Maker Mondays: Superhero Scratch Art | July 6th, 10:00am
- Play, Grow, Learn! | July 6th, 10:00am
- Writers' Workshop | July 6th, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center | July 7th, 12:00pm
- Teen Super Food Smoothie Challenge | July 7th, 2:00pm
- Furry Tales | July 7th, 6:00pm
- Family Storytime | July 7th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 8th, 10:15am
- Superhero Arts and Sciences: Secret Decoders! | July 8th, 1:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | July 8th, 6:00pm