Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 23rd, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | July 23rd, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | July 24th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | July 25th, 10:15am
- Nurturing a Student's Vision | July 28th (All day)
- Our State Fair Is A Great State Fair | July 29th, 12:00pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 30th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | July 30th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | July 31st, 10:15am
- Summer Reading Finale with the Belin Quartet | August 1st, 10:00am