Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Furry Tales | December 6th, 5:30pm
- Family Storytime | December 6th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | December 7th, 10:15am
- Early Out @ Central: Art Cart | December 7th, 2:00pm
- Teen Code Club: Holiday Lights! | December 7th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | December 7th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | December 8th, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | December 9th, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | December 9th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | December 11th, 1:00pm