Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Baby Rhyme Time | October 7th, 10:15am
- How to Avoid Computer Virus Trouble | October 7th, 11:30am
- Early Out @ Central: Mandalas | October 7th, 2:00pm
- Central VolunTeens | October 7th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | October 7th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime: Fire Safety | October 8th, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | October 9th, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime: Fire Safety | October 9th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | October 11th, 1:00pm
- Computer Basics for Job Searchers | October 13th, 9:30am