Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Mother Goose on the Loose | September 28th, 9:15am
- Baby Rhyme Time | September 28th, 10:15am
- Miss Peregrine's Home For Pecuilar Children Teen Celebration | September 28th, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Tissue Paper Art | September 28th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | September 28th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | September 29th, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | September 30th, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | September 30th, 10:15am
- Super Fun Sunday: Tissue Paper Art | October 2nd, 1:00pm
- Iowa Author Fair | October 2nd, 1:00pm