Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Toddler Storytime | November 21st, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | November 23rd, 1:00pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | November 26th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | November 26th, 6:00pm
- Sunday Bridge Club | November 30th, 1:00pm
- Writers' Workshop | December 1st, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center: A Journey of the Heart | December 2nd, 12:00pm
- Crafty December: Mitten Wreath | December 2nd, 3:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | December 3rd, 10:15am
- Teens N' Tweens: Holiday Ornaments | December 3rd, 2:00pm