Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Super Crafty Readers | May 26th, 4:15pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | May 27th, 10:15am
- Central Teen Summer Reading Volunteer Orientation | May 27th, 2:00pm
- Evening Bridge Club | May 27th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | May 28th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | May 29th, 10:15am
- Sunday Bridge Club | May 31st, 1:00pm
- Maker Mondays: Superhero Wands | June 1st, 10:00am
- Writers' Workshop | June 1st, 5:00pm
- Iowa International Center | June 2nd, 12:00pm