1000 Grand Avenue, 50309
Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Dan Wardell's Reading Road Trip | July 25th, 9:30am
- Maker Mondays: Legos and Mega Blocks | July 25th, 10:00am
- Martha Speaks Read-Aloud Family Night | July 25th, 6:15pm
- Family Storytime | July 26th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 27th, 10:15am
- Cancelled - Savory Afternoons with the Des Moines Social Club | July 27th, 11:30am
- Evening Bridge Club | July 27th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | July 28th, 10:15am
- Toddler Storytime | July 29th, 10:15am
- Play, Grow, Learn | August 1st, 9:30am