Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Baby Rhyme Time | July 29th, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | July 29th, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | July 30th, 10:15am
- Summer Reading Finale with the Belin Quartet! | July 31st, 10:00am
- Play, Grow, Learn! | August 3rd, 9:30am
- Writers' Workshop | August 3rd, 5:00pm
- Device Advice : Office Hours | August 4th, 11:00am
- Iowa International Center | August 4th, 12:00pm
- Family Storytime | August 4th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | August 5th, 10:15am