Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Sunday Bridge Club | November 29th, 1:00pm
- Play, Grow, Learn! | November 30th, 9:30am
- Advice for Your Device : Office Hours | December 1st, 11:00am
- Iowa International Center | December 1st, 12:00pm
- Crafty Readers | December 1st, 4:15pm
- Furry Tales | December 1st, 6:00pm
- Family Storytime | December 1st, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | December 2nd, 10:15am
- Teen D.I.Y.: Sudsy Soapmaking | December 2nd, 2:00pm
- Early Out @ Central: Card Making | December 2nd, 2:00pm