1000 Grand Avenue, 50309
Pickup Window Hours: Mon-Fri: 4 PM - 6 PM
Phone: (515) 283-4152
The Central Library is located in the heart of downtown Des Moines at 1000 Grand Avenue in the Western Gateway Park near the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. Offering unique architecture and a green roof, the Central Library has something for everyone. Our collection includes a wide variety of books, media, magazines, newspapers, microfilm, historic periodicals, city directories, sheet music and an extensive Iowa Collection. Free parking underground. The Central Library is a great place to get a book, use a computer or spend some time researching.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Stephanie Fruhling, email@example.com.
Upcoming Events at Central Library
- Play, Grow, Learn | August 29th, 9:30am
- Martha Speaks Read Aloud Family Night | August 29th, 6:15pm
- Family Storytime | August 30th, 6:30pm
- Baby Rhyme Time | August 31st, 10:15am
- Evening Bridge Club | August 31st, 6:00pm
- Preschool Storytime | September 1st, 10:15am
- LEGO Fridays | September 2nd, 10:00am
- Toddler Storytime | September 2nd, 10:15am
- Furry Tales | September 6th, 5:30pm
- Family Storytime | September 6th, 6:30pm