Phone: (515) 283-4152
Summer Reading begins June 1! Mark you calendars now with the many great events we're having in June and July!
The South Side Library features a wide collection of materials, including a large new book area and an updated Spanish Language collection. The teen loft hosts an extensive teen collection and comfortable seating, as well as a study area with tables containing built-in outlets. The South Side Library welcomes community groups to take advantage of the spacious meeting room.
For Volunteer Opportunities: Please contact Michelle Abrahamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Side Library Storytimes
- Toddler Storytime (ages 18 months – 3 years) : Wednesdays, 10:00 AM
- Preschool Storytime (ages 3 – 6 years) : Thursdays, 10:00 AM
- Evening Family Storytime (entire family) : Mondays, 6:30 PM
- Saturday Storytime : 4th Saturday of the month, 10:00 AM
Upcoming Events at South Side Library
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention | July 24th, 11:00am
- Teen Art Expressions with the Des Moines Art Center: Still-Life Drawing | July 24th, 2:30pm
- Family Storytime | July 24th, 6:30pm
- Toddler Storytime | July 26th, 10:00am
- Teen Art Expressions with the Des Moines Art Center: Color Mixing | July 26th, 2:30pm
- Preschool Storytime | July 27th, 10:00am
- Saturday Art Special: Art Cart | July 29th, 10:00am
- Healthy Teen Snacks with Hy-Vee | July 31st, 2:30pm
- Family Storytime | July 31st, 6:30pm
- Toddler Storytime | August 2nd, 10:00am