The last several months have been challenging for everyone. We want to capture your stories and the ways that the pandemic has impacted you. We know there have been challenges, loss, and times of discovery and new opportunity as we have lived our lives in a different way day-to-day. So we're inviting you to share your story below. We'll collect these stories for our digital archives and share some of the most moving and inspiring ones. We invite you to share photos, audio, and short video clips as part of your story.
Please note that by submitting your story, you are giving the Des Moines Public Library permission to share your story publicly. We may reach out with additional questions or to ask additional details after you submit your story.
Stories will soon be available to view on the COVID Stories page.
Here are some questions to help prompt your thoughts:
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the life of you and your family?
- What is the most moving thing you've seen during the pandemic?
- Have you experienced a significant life event, such as a birth, death, wedding, graduation, or new job? Have you moved? How has the pandemic impacted these events?
- Have you developed new habits or skills since the pandemic began?
- How do you think the world will change as a result of the pandemic?
- How do you think you will remember this period of your life in 10 years? How will your family and friends remember it?