Parents Are the Best Teachers to Get Their Children Ready to Read
- You are your child’s first and most important teacher.
- You know your child best.
- Children are most ready to learn when they are in a good mood. You know your child’s moods best.
- Children learn best by doing things, so take every chance you can to read with your children, tell and talk about stories, say nursery rhymes and sing songs.
There are 5 simple things you can do with your child to help them succeed. Take a few minutes out of each day to Read, Write, Sing, Play, and Talk with your child. These easy acts make a big difference in a child’s life.
Pasos Sencillos: Esto es fácil de hacer, cada día, donde quiera que esté. No toma mucho tiempo. Son pasos simples para el éxito.
To see these five literacy steps in action, please attend one of our many storytimes.
Simple Steps Reading Lists
- Great Books for Reading
- Great Books for Writing
- Great Books for Singing
- Great Books for Playing
- Great Books for Talking
- Wordless Picture Books
- Great Read Alouds
- Recomendaciones de Libros
- All Lists
Simple Steps Printables
- 5 Simple Steps Overview (full sheet)
- Simple Steps half sheet pamphlets
- Simple Steps trifold brochure
The Simple Steps program is made possible through a generous grant from: